Tuesday 8 July 2014

How to: Pack a Suitcase

Circumstances in my life has made that I lived out of a suitcase for a very long time. With that comes a sort of expertise in the art of packing. Yes, an art. Not many people can pack a 7 to 10+ days in a carry-on. 

I would like to share with you how I do it. 

1. Research the weather of where you're going, take note of how many days you'll be gone and keep in mind the type of activity you'll be doing. 
2. Layout all the clothes that you want to bring. 
3. Select a color pattern and remove items you know you don't wear on a daily basis. Chances are, if you don't wear it on a regular, you won't wear it wherever you go
4. Make sure to select clothes that can be worn with other pieces. 
5. Select a few statement pieces of jewelry and your shoes.
6. Pack your bag. 

I've packed a rolling carry-on suitcase in less than 20 minutes. This is what I came up with. 

1. I selected a Mediterranean type of weather, meaning warm during the day and cooler during the night. Pretty typical weather for a June day in Canada.  I figured I'd pack for a trip of about 10 days visiting a new city in an European country, let's say Brussels or Amsterdam. So I know i'll be doing some sight-seeing or even some hiking. 

2. I don't have that picture. Sorry guys. 

3. My color pattern is mainly neutral colors with only a few items that pop. 

4. Here are  some of the pieces I packed. I also added a pair of jeans and a leopard skirt.





















With these pieces I can make outfits for about 3 weeks. It's really about the pairing. Here are some examples. 











 In the end, this is the result. 

A carry on that is up to airline restrictions. I also added some shoes, my toiletry bag and a curling iron. 







Hope this helps you pack for your next vacation :) 

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to write to us at lipsticklabels@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment